Dear customers, please find below details of how we have adapted to keep you and our staff safe through Covid 19:-
1). To help keep us all safe, and to help you enjoy your visit with us during these difficult times, we have introduced the following supportive measures:
- A VisitSafe QR coded track and trace system which you must use before entering the presmies.
- Please don’t visit us if you have a high temperature, a persistent cough or loss of smell or taste.
- Please wash your hands regularly, there are plenty of hand sanitisers available.
- Table sittings are at 2m spacing or at 1m with mitigation. Please observe and respect other diners.
- Tables are not laid in advance. Napkins and cutlery will be given to you once you have ordered.
- Foot door openers have been installed on toilet doors to allow you to open the door without touching the handles.
- Once inside please do not congregate. Please stay at your table unless you wish to visit the toilet.
- We do not accept cash anymore. All payments are made either contactless or by chip&pin where the terminal is wiped after each use.
We encourage you to pay at the table rather then congregate around the main till area.
- Please do not approach the bar or kitchen area. Your orders will be taken at the table and all your drinks and food will be brought to you.
- Pepper pots and salt cellars are no more. We can provide sachets of those if you wish. Please just ask.
- Please follow the one way system where possible.
- Please respect the space of our servers and staff. They will respect yours.
- If you would like your server to wear a mask or visor please ask.
- Menus are now laminated so that they can be cleaned after each use.
2) And on our policy of no advance reservations in August:
We decided this August to operate on a first come first served basis. Amongst other things this allows us to control physically who comes in at what time, so that we can manage the Covid 19 regulations with social distancing and track and trace. I have a responsibility to my staff as well as to you, our customers, that we are doing everything we can to protect them and you in this difficult time, whilst at the same time ensuring that my business remains solvent and is able to trade.
We felt that even with pre-booked reservations people might be late/early and expect to be able to access our premises/congregate on their terms which would compromise the Covid policies that are encouraged by government and form part of statutory Health and Safety law.
We are no different from other retails businesses, such as shops and supermarkets who operate similar queue operations.
In the quieter months going forward, when our demand subsides from post summer peaks, we hope to revert to a partial service of being able to book in advance, but for now I’m sorry that we aren’t able to break our rules, even for all you local loyal customers.